2019-2020 Ski and Snowboard Education Program
Skiing and snowboarding are lifelong activities. With over 50 years experience, we combine safety, enjoyment and motivation of this physical activity. The result is a fun and positive experience for the student.
Ski Vorlage offers:
- 18 day and 13 night expertly groomed slopes and trails – 65% are rated green or blue for beginner and intermediate skiers and boarders
- Our snow quality is our pride and the state of the art grooming and snowmaking delivers
- Located only 20 minutes from Ottawa/ Gatineau
- Snow School lessons that are fun and educational, given by certified instructors following Canadian Ski Instructors Alliance (CSIA) and Canadian Association of Snowboard Instructors (CASI) guidelines
- Rental / Repair Shop offering top notch ski and snowboard equipment, helmets and tune-ups. Equipment will be pre-set before your arrival to give you more time on the slopes
- Canadian Ski Patrol members provide first aid and ensure safe on-hill practices
- Follows the Ontario School Board’s Insurance Exchange (OSBIE) and the Ontario Physical Education Safety Guidelines (Ophea)
- Centrally located, spacious main chalet
- Cafeteria with a full choice of healthy food items at a reasonable price
- Complimentary lift tickets and rentals for trip supervisors / chaperones at a 1:10 student ratio
- Lockable ski / board racks and coin lockers for valuables
Student Safety is top priority We work hard at providing a safe fun environment for all our clientele and school groups are no exception. Whether it be the snow surface, trail markings, certified Patrol and Instructors, and our high standards of operation, it all adds up. After all, we are known as the Family Ski Area.
Our beginner area is the best in the region
Even a first timer will feel comfortable learning with a chairlift dedicated to the beginner / novice area. A variety of terrain allows both intermediate and advanced students enjoyment.
Safety on the roads
A recently completed four lane highway from Ottawa to Wakefield eliminates those windy two lane roads. Piece of mind and arrive in less time too.
More time on the slopes
Our process for getting the students from the bus through the rental area and onto the mountain is the fastest in the region, resulting in more time on the slopes.
Our rates are very competitive
|ELEMENTARY AND HIGH SCHOOLS
|Day Trip or night (Each)
|3 or more visits (Each)
- Rates are for school groups of 20 or more
- Available for schools day or night, Monday to Friday
- Minimum required is 5 per level for lessons
- Special requirements and private lessons can be arranged with advanced booking
- Student’s personal equipment must meet safety standards. Metal edges, braking devices and properly adjusted bindings are necessary
- Appropriate helmets are strongly recommended. They must be a ski or snowboard type and be properly fitted
Online registration and information
Several ways to provide you with the information for a successful and enjoyable trip.
Start the process by reserving your trip and call (819) 459-2301 ext. 210.
Chaperone / Volunteer Guidelines: Click here
Parent Tips: Click here
Safety on the Slopes: Click here